short month long days no skiing







So I haven't written much this month. What is the shortest month actually has seemed to be one of the longest. Our days have been spent at home.

Harkin had an incident at the mountain where he fell getting off the chair lift. It was heartbreaking to hear him cry in such pain and to be in continuous pain. Broke my heart in too many ways, since ultimately I am the one who is suppose to protect him and I did not that day. 

He was carried down the mountain in the sled from ski patrol. Then I took him to urgent care. He had it put in a hard splint for three days before it being put in a fiberglass cast. The first few days he was uncomfortable and basically sat in our bean bag chair. Then he figured out how to scoot himself around so he could play all over the house. He was such an amazing little man through this all.

He had the cast on for two weeks and is now in a walking boot for a week or so. He is hoping to still get in a few more skiing days before winter's end. Right now we are in the midst of spring time weather so we need more snow first.

I am sorry my sweet boy that this happened but thank you for having a good attitude through it all.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how resilient children are. He looks non the worse. I am amazed with three boys no one else has broken anything. Hope things are back to "normal" now. Love to all, XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...