summer of change:part 1



I am going to backtrack a bit and start out telling you how our summer began. It will all lead up to where we are now.  There is just so much that I have not written about. I needed it to be ours until things were settled more. But as this is also a journal to keep for my family I need to write about it here so it will be a memory for us to look at one day.

It was a Monday afternoon( the last day of April) when I received a call from Eric. He was calling me from his cell phone rather than his office which I thought a bit strange. I was right to think so. The minute I heard his voice I knew something was up.  He had just lost his job.  The company was downsizing.

A bit of a shock. We were all a bit stunned. The boys wondered why Daddy was home in the middle of the day.  We told them as not to keep secrets. There were some tears. William is a bit of a worrier. We explained that it would all work out. We would make it through. And we did.

We made the best of a tough situation. We stayed home more. Spent lots of time together as a family. The boys had so much fun having Daddy around all day. Just knowing he was in the basement (as he searched for a job) was like extra kisses.  The boys could just go say hi whenever. 

It was a blessing to have so much time together. If only life could always be like that but reality was setting in. Financially things were getting tight. And then things came through. Eric found a job, just when we needed it.  There is a greater power watching over us. We are so grateful that it was only 3 months and not any longer. 

More changes. The boys had adjusted to having Daddy home, now he was back at work.  Not only gone for a day but 5 days at a time.  I am parenting alone during the week, not an easy task.  But it is only a phase and I know we will make it through. 

More details to come........

4 comments:

  1. You can do anything once you get used to it. I am basically on my own M-F although I know that Greg will be sleeping next to me. Since he is not home much before 9pm, and he is on the 6am train, I am on my own. You will find in this time how very strong and capable you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so glad things turned around so quickly! This is going to be the start of a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very proud of all of you. One day at a time, persevere and with God all things are possible. Love to all, XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my friend, I am so sorry to hear that Eric lost his job but am happy that it was a short lived unemployment. I, too, know what it's like to be on my own five days a week (and sometimes even seven days)! If you ever need someone to talk to/vent to please feel free to drop me a line. I am happy to help in any way I can!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...