Grandma... we miss you

Today would have been my mother's 75th birthday.
On June 4th 2010 she passed away.
It has been hard couple of weeks for myself.  Each afternoon I want to pick up the phone and tell her about our day.  She loved hearing about what silliness they had been up to. It was something I tried to do each day. It was just part of our everyday routine.

The boys were sad upon hearing the news of her death. They asked many questions and ponder the answers. William gave her one last big hug during calling hours. Landon said "We'll see her again one day in heaven mama".

She was a remarkable woman. Mother of 6 kids and Grandma to 16 grandchildren.  She was always there for us no matter what and gave her all to us. 

I feel very blessed that although she had moved away 2 years ago I had been fortunate enough to get to visit her several times.  We had just seen her 2 weeks before she died.

I know that she is at peace and is with my father. I miss her severely but know that her spirit will always be with me.

Happy Birthday Mama!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Rose! I had no idea. I am so sorry for this great loss. I know it's hard remembering her without a few tears, but one day, not too far off, when you think of her it will be only with smiles and fond memories. Hang in there. Hugs to all of you. She sounded like such a kind loving, nurturing person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss, dear friend. I know that there are no words to make the the pain go away, but please know that we are all here if you need anything. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose - I am so sorry to hear about your mom! I can only imagine how difficult it has been for you.
    Lots of hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute to your mother who raised a delightful, loving, creative mother, you. Your mom will always live through you. We wish all the comfort in the world for you and your family. Love, XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...