offline



As the days seem to be flying by this Winter, (I am still waiting for it to begin) I am mindfully trying to be offline more. 

I check emails and blog in the morning and try to have an bit of time in the late afternoon to check in on things.  In the evening I found I was spending so much time reading- which can be a good thing but I get tried of looking at a screen for too long. So I am trying my best to be online for a half an hour and then be done. Time to create, read in my bed and be present with Eric.

When we head to Vermont for the weekends we no longer have Internet access. This helps me relax more about what I "should" be checking in on. It separates me to what life was before.....

Along these terms I have not been taking too many photos of our daily lives. But we are living.  The weather has been so mild we have been outside much and enjoying each other.

Wishing everyone a wonderful long weekend.  

I will be back here on Tuesday, possibly.

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand! I have been trying to be more mindful of how often I check in with things via email and facebook and blogs and whatnot. I have found that when I spend too much time on the computer that our rhythm around here gets out of wack! Much like you do I try to check things first thing in the morning, mid-day and evening. Sometimes I'm more successful than others! It's a work in progress I suppose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It is way to easy to plunk down and get sucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am trying not to get sucked in and trying to be more mindful of the amount of time I am on the computer. I usually don't get on during the day, unless, like today, hubby has taken the little man out for a bit. I usually try to get on before the little man wakes up in the morning and then again when he goes to bed. The after bed routine is a work in progress, since I work from home, there are things that need to be done, but I am trying to set limits so I have time to do some of the things I want to do in the evenings.

    We have also gone screen free on Sunday's, no TV, no computers, it does take the pressure off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can look at your life and find good in it all. I will miss the pictures but am delighted that you are enjoying your family so much. Keep up the good job you are doing and you will never be sorry. Love, XXX000

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...