one part

I am being more mindful of how and when I blog. This includes reading other people's blogs. I have tried many different times during the day. First thing in the morning, after lunch, after everyone is in bed. What seems to work right now is after a full day of activity we all take a bit of down time right before dinner prep begins.  I blog and the boys either quietly play, read or watch a show.  What I have come to realize is my blog is just one small part of me. It is for me to share with distant family and friends what we are up to. It is a record of moments I might not officially scrapbook. A more colorful journal of sorts. It has introduced me to new friends and I love that.  But too many times I have found myself checking to see if anyone wrote anything new on their blogs or if I got any comments.  Sometimes I feel like I was letting it take over my life.  So I have made a conscious effort to make it just one part of my day.  I do come across many ideas during my day and I keep a notepad close by to jot down my thoughts, which makes writing posts easier.

This simple conclusion has made me feel lighter and breath easier. I just keep repeating to myself that it is "just one part" and that has made all the difference.

4 comments:

  1. I have been in that place as well. Once you let go of the expectations and blog for yourself and your family, your perspective completely changes. I think my blog underwent a transformation when I made the decision to use it as a record of our memories, our journey, our time together and not to share so much of why we are homeschooling, or why we choose certain things over others. This is who we are and what we are doing. It made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!
    When I get on the computer, if I have good pictures, and if I have anything to say about them.... That's when it all unfolds. The thing that bothers me the most, is that I don't really get to read others post as often anymore. I like seeing their pictures and hearing their adventures, but I only read if I get on my blog to post. I find that it goes in cycles. Sometimes I crank it out, and sometimes I don't really think about my blog for a week. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way too, Rosemarie! When I first started blogging I was obsessive about it. Always checking. Always wondering. Always trying to find something to post. Then I went through a very dark time and one of the things that got me through was finding one thing from each of our days to reflect on and share. And once the dark time was over I found that I was in a different space and with that my blogging changed too.

    Like Jess and Kim both said it takes on a life of it's own and ebbs and flows. I could not agree more! I have found that there are times when I only post and don't check others blogs. And I have found that sometimes it's nice to step away from the blog (which I have been doing on weekends) and not worrying about it.

    I am so greatful for all that blogging has given me: a community of like minded mamas/families and great friends I wouldn't otherwise have the chance to have known!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but that "just one part" is such a joy to us. Thanks for sharing your day with us. Love you dearly, XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...