fourteen days full of hearts:: birdfeeder hearts

From February 1st to the 14th we have decided to create some sort of heart.
I have a few ideas but they are not all planned out. I am hoping to share them all with you here.

For today, we decided to make something for our feathered friends. The boys really got into it and are so excited to see who comes to visit. They hung them up so they can be seen from their rooms. William is planning to sketch the birds that he sees. Just hoping the squirrels don't get to them first.











 Directions:
Trace and cut out heart shape from cardboard
Punch hole and tie a knot in string to secure to heart.
(I made mine a loop but the boys left there ends free and it made it much easier to tie to a tree limb and we are thinking it won't get blown away. Since mine was a loop I just put it onto a branch. Not sure if it will be there in the morning.)
Spread both sides with peanut butter
Sprinkle bird seed on both seeds.
Go outside and hang up.
Hope for birds!
 

 WILLIAM'S
LANDON'S


4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I'm going to get some bird seed this week and have my boys do this project too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun! We have done these with pine cones, but with a heart would be so much fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a great idea! Wish I had read this post three days ago so we could play along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't those birds fortunate. XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...